- Current EA National Dressage Rules, EA General Regulations and all other EA policies and by-laws
- Current FEI Statutes, General Regulations, FEI Veterinary Regulations, & FEI Dressage Rules
- Competitors are advised to be aware of the current Rules. The onus is on the rider to know the rules under which they compete. For example, riders in the HRCAV and PCAV section should be aware that they must adhere to EA rules at all times except when in actual competition.
- The EA Dressage Rules and Dressage Tests may be downloaded from the EA web site:
- Para Equestrian riders must ride in their classified grade.
- No tests may be commanded (“called”).
- Horses shall not compete below their grade under any circumstances, including HC. Official grading will be taken as at 27th October 2018.
- The OC reserves the right to cancel or combine competitions if insufficient entries are received
- The timed draw will be available at least 24 hours before each competition, at the event office, website and Facebook.
- It is the duty of the persons responsible to confirm/check their start times the day before the competition. The committee recommends that you check your times the morning of competition in case of last minute updates.
- Preliminary and Novice 62.000%,
- Elementary 60.000%,
- Medium and Advanced 60.000%,
- Small Tour and Medium Tour 60.000%,
- Big Tour 58.000%.
2. 1 (one) HC (hors concours) score only, shall be allowed.
3. 1 (one) score from a competition with only 1 (one) judge shall be allowed.
4. The aggregates of the 3 (three) scores shall be used to rank the eligible nominations, the 35 (thirty-five) combinations with the best aggregates at each level shall be accepted.
5. Unsuccessful eligible nominations shall be added to a reserve list. Should the number of reserves exceed 20 (twenty), the OC may conduct a second division of competition.
6. In the event that a competition is under-subscribed, the OC mayaccept nominations with performances below the qualification score.
7. Notwithstanding the above, the OC reserves the right to accept or reject any nomination for any reason whatsoever, at their sole discretion.
STATE FINAL COMPETITIONS
2. The final will consist of a Freestyle to music competition at the relevant level. The winner at each level shall be declared the Victorian Grand Champion.
3. All those wishing to enter must nominate on the entry form.
4. For EA levels, the final shall be open to the best 3 (three) nominated horses in the championship across both tests (to be calculated as per the Dressage Rules).
5. For FEI levels, the final shall be open to the top 15 (fifteen) horses.
6. In the exceptional circumstance that one of the finalists cannot compete, the 4th (fourth) placed rider in the championship shall take their place.
7. A consolation freestyle competition shall be held on Sunday for combinations who did not qualify for the State Final.
CLUB TEAM COMPETITIONS
- Novice Team: Preliminary 1:2 Novice 2:2 Elementary 3:2
- Advanced Team: Medium 4:2 Advanced 5:2 Prix St Georges
1. Horses do not need to be registered with EA
2. No qualifications are required to enter.
3. HRCAV and PCAV members will be required to sign a waiver prior to competing. The waiver can be downloaded from
4. The numbers for each competition shall be strictly limited. The first 25 (twenty-five) nominations received shall be accepted, and a reserve list shall be made for further nominations in the order they were received.
5. An additional 10 (ten) slots shall be assigned to the reserves of the championship competitions. In the event that there are less than 10 (ten) championship reserves, the remaining slots shall be allocated to Participation reserves.
6. The EA Dressage Rules and Dressage Tests may be downloaded from
7. HRCAV and PCAV members should carefully note differences from their own rules, especially with regards to prohibited equipment, warm-up etiquette and bridle numbers.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
2. Horses shall not, in principal, be permitted to withdraw after the posting of the Acceptance lists without due cause. Entrants wishing to withdraw must declare in writing (using the withdrawal form which can be downloaded from www.vicdressagechamps.org.au/competitors/withdrawals) their intention to withdraw.
- Refunds shall not be offered unless an original (not copy, photo or faxed) medical or veterinary certificate is provided to the Event Secretary within 24 hours of the completion of the Event.
- Such evidence must accompany the withdrawal form.
- In such a case, the administration fee and 50 (fifty) percent of the nomination fee shall be retained by the Organising Committee.
- Because of reserve lists and possible distances to be travelled by reserve riders, all riders are asked to consider their fellow competitors and notify the Event Secretary as soon as possible of their intention to withdraw.
- Failure to comply with this rule shall result in all fees being withheld, and incur a maximum fine of AU$200.00.
3. Reserve list horses who are not offered a start in a competition, shall receive a full refund for that competition. However, stabling and administration fees shall not be refunded unless the horse is not offered a start in any competition at the event.
PROTESTS AND APPEALS
2. Protests related to abuse of a horse shall be refunded unless considered to be spurious or malignant.
3. Attention is drawn to Rule 1.5 current EA National Dressage Rules and Articles 163 and 165 of the current EA General Regulations
MEMBERSHIP AND HORSE AND PONY REGISTRATION
2. Horses and riders must compete under their full registered name. The OC reserves the right to truncate or abbreviate a horse’s name for printing purposes.
2. Riders must notify the OC immediately if the wrong bridle number is printed on any draw or list.
3. Riders shall provide their own bridle numbers
4. In the event of an interstate horses’ number clashing with a Victorian number the OC shall issue the interstate horse with a temporary bridle number.
ELIGIBILITY OF RIDERS
2. Each horse entered must have the same rider as nominated on the entry form for all competitions
3. The persons responsible must notify the Event Secretary of a substitution of rider no later than 21:00 on the day prior to competition.
SADDLERY AND EQUIPMENT
2. Note: Whips are not allowed at FEI level competitions at State Championships.
HELMETS AND TOP HATS
2. An approved helmet must be worn by ALL riders whilst training and practice at competition venue—EA Dressage Rule 2.2
3. Protective headgear must conform with one of the current approved safety standards outlined below. The EA General Regulations at rule 122.2 prescribe the current standards. It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure they are using a current standard safety helmet.
- Current Australian standard AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) provided they are SAI Global marked.
- New Australian standard ARB HS 2012 provided they are SAI Global marked.
- American standards ASTM F1163 (2004a or 04a onwards) provided they are SEI marked, or SNELL E2001.
- British standard PAS 015 (1998 or 2011) provided they are BSI Kitemarked.
- European Standard VG1 (01.040: 2014-12) with or without BSI Kitemark.
2. The tests will be run under FEI Rules
3. In accordance with the FEI Para Equestrian Dressage Rules 2018
2. Horses who did not achieve 58.000% in the higher of the two tests shall be ineligible.
3. Submission of freestyle music must be made only via the online submission system. To submit your music, please click on the link below, or type the web address into your preferred web browser, and follow the prompts to upload your music.
- Please make sure the file name includes the name of the rider, horse and level when you submit your freestyle
- Freestyles music is preferred in one of the following formats (we recommend that you use Windows Media Player or iTunes to extract music from your CD if you do not already have a digital copy):
- .wav | .mp3 | .m4a | .flac
- Once your music has been submitted through the online portal, no further contact is required until your sound check, however, in the interests of due diligence, it is recommended that you contact Musikür at if you do not receive confirmation of receipt of music within two days.